Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Monday, September 24, 2012

Derrick Rose becomes emotional during a promotional event for his new Adidas shoe


Derrick Rose is never one to show much emotion on the court. But the Bulls guard was overcome with emotion off the court on Thursday during a promotional event for his new Adidas shoe.
Moments after a video played showing him tear his ACL during last season’s playoff game against the Philadelphia 76ers, Rose sat with his head in his hands and cried. When asked a question, Rose continued to sob before taking almost a minute to compose himself.
“It’s truly a blessing, man,” said Rose, still fighting back tears. “With all this stuff that’s going on in this city. A kid from Englewood has something positive going on. That makes me feel so good. The shoe is great. All this is great. I can’t explain this. I can’t.
“I went through so much. To have, like, true fans, that means a lot to me. And I know it means a lot to my family. Because we aren’t suppose to be here at all. But God made the way. This is truly unreal. I’m just happy to have true fans out there.”
It’s not the first time Rose has broken down off the court. Upon receiving his 2011 MVP award, he cried when speaking about his mother.
Rose said the rehab from the ACL surgery on his left knee is going good and that he started jumping a “couple days ago.”
“Everybody says All-Star break [to return], but we don’t tell him that,” older brother Reggie Rose said. “It’s really just his mental psyche. That’s the major thing we have to work on and his [confidence] playing with the injury, just knowing it was an injury and it’s not still an injury.”
Rose talked about some of the Bulls’ offseason moves and the hopes for next season.
“That’s my only goal is to win a championship,” Rose said. “Hopefully, it’s soon. I’m going to put my heart into it, whatever I do on and off the court. With the team that we have now, we have a good chance. We have a good shot with the players that we have coming in. With the players that we lost, I’m definitely going to miss them.”
Rose, who is about to have a child with his girlfriend, also touched on the teachers strike in Chicago.
“It hurts you,” he said. “I’m going to have a kid, so this is one of the reasons why I’m thinking about it. I hope they change it soon. I’m praying for them.”
Contributing: AP

No comments:

Post a Comment