Filipino students won 23 medals during a Math and Science Olympiad in India.
The students bagged one gold, 12 silver and 10 bronze medals at the 9th International Mathematics and Science Olympiad for Primary Schools, which drew in 231 contestants from 12 other countries.
“Filipino students have once again shown their excellence in math and science,” said Simon Chua, president of the Mathematics Trainers Guild-Philippines.
Rechilda Villame stood in as the delegation’s team leader for Math, while Ruthela Payawal was the group’s team leader for Science.
The Philippines competed with China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Nigeria, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Taiwan and Thailand.
The following are the names of the students and their corresponding medals won:
- Shaquille Wyan Que of Grace Christian College
- Tiffany Mae Ong of Immaculate Concepcion Academy-Greenhills
- Emmanuel Paulo Santos of Colegio San Agustin-Binan
- Jinger Chong of St. Jude Catholic School
- Alyana Zoie Chua of MGC New Life Christian Academy
- Vincent Angelo Suarez of De La Salle-Lipa
- Mark Ebson Susana of Naic Elementary School-Cavite
- Theresa Manalo of Morning Star Montessori-Calamba
- Maedell Mosuera of G. B. Lontok Memorial School-Lipa
- Fedrick Lance Lim of Zamboanga Chong Hua High School
- Marksen Victor Lizarondo of Dasmarinas II Central School
- Nathan Arthur Banatao of UP Integrated School
- John Matthew Felices of Holistic Education and Development Center
- Kristine Bernadette Nunez of Colegio San Agustin-Binan
- Adam Christopher Chan of Grace Christian College
- Youna Lee of Colegio San Agustin-Makati
- Antonio Alexis Aldeguer of Colegio San Agustin-Makati
- Ron Michael Acda of Binan Elementary School
- Hans Leighton Liu of St Jude Catholic School
- Thomas Spencer Balete of St. Stephen’s High School
- Ronn Earnest Tullao of Early Start Learning Center-Lipa
- John Joshua Babilonia of Dasmarinas II Central School
- John Bien Angelo Uy of Montessori East of Tanauan