The Philippines continues to flex its muscles in the international sports scene.
The Philippine Dragon Boat team took home 5 gold medals, 3 silvers and 3 bronzes from the ICF Dragon Boat World Championships in Poznan, Poland.
The nation’s paddlers showcased their wares in seniors men, juniors men and seniors mixed categories. The Philippine delegation were considered first-time paddlers for a World Championship and had to endure the unfamiliar cold weather compared to the tropical weather they trained with back home.
While the Philippines did not join all events, they figured in a successful performance as they tallied medals in all 11 events they participated in.
They competed against and were at par with some of the world’s best including Russia, Poland and Canada.
Below is a full list of the Philippines’ medals and competitions from the World Championship.
GOLD MEDALS (5):
- Juniors Men 500m – 10 seater
- Juniors Men 200m – 10 seater
- Seniors Men 200m – 20 seater
- Seniors Mixed 200m – 10 seater
- Seniors Men 200m – 10 seater
SILVER MEDALS (3):
- Seniors Men 500m – 20 seater
- Seniors Mixed 500m – 10 seater
- Seniors Men 500m – 10 seater
BRONZE MEDALS (3):
- Seniors Men 2000m – 20 seater
- Seniors Men 2000m -10 seater
- Juniors Men 2000m – 10 seater