Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Jessica hoped to break 'guy reign' on 'Idol'


MANILA, Philippines – Filipino-Mexican-American singer Jessica Sanchez said she is extremely happy that Georgia’s Phillip Phillips won “American Idol” but she admitted that she hoped to break the streak of having guy winners.
Filipino-Mexican-American singer Jessica Sanchez faces media after "American Idol" finale.
During Sanchez’s conference call after the “Idol” finale last Wednesday (Thursday morning in Manila), the 16-year-old San Diego-based singer said her only regret in the competition was that a girl failed to win the talent show.
Asked if she thinks it is still possible for a girl to win “Idol,” she said: “I have no idea, and I think my only disappointment would be that... the only reason I would have really wanted to win is just to break that whole guy reign and just have a girl win it for once. It didn’t have to be me, it could have been Hollie (Cavanagh) or Skylar (Laine) or whatever.”
Sanchez, however, reiterated that she is genuinely glad that Phillips clinched the “Idol” crown.
“I believed that Phillip was going to win, not because I don’t think I’m good, but he has such a big fan base. We both do and we both thank our fans so much. But he’s really an artist’s artist, like he sang so many different songs and every song that he sang it sounds like Phillip. It always sounds like him, and that’s what it takes to be a real artist. And I’m so proud of him and I’m so happy with him,” she said.
Sanchez revealed she was not really nervous during the finale because she was already satisfied having made it to the Top 2.
“I wasn’t nervous about anything. I was actually excited, because I really thought Phillip was going to win and I was so happy for him. I think he deserves it 100%. I was just happy to be there in the top two,” she said.
Sanchez said she is also not worried that she did not win because there were “Idol” alumni who made it big even without winning.
“Jennifer Hudson came in like seventh place and she is one of the biggest ones on ‘Idol.’ I have so much respect for her. Hopefully I’m one of those people and I think all 12 of us are going to have successful careers and I cannot wait,” she said.
Now that “Idol” is over, Sanchez is hoping she could sneak in some time to be with her family before her schedule gets hectic.
“I’m not sure exactly when I’m going back home, but I know it’s going to be for maybe a couple days. Yes I’m most definitely going to just be with my family and try to take it all in and enjoy that moment,” she said.
“I have like no downtime at all. I have like three days to go home and just relax, but that’s about it and then I get back to work. So I’m excited for those three days, but most definitely I’m going to be working most of the time,” Sanchez added.
Over the weekend, Sanchez left for Washington D.C. for the PBS Memorial Day concert.
Sanchez will be singing the American national anthem and “The Prayer” during the special event to be held on May 27.
Sanchez will also be flying to New York this week along with finalist Joshua Ledet to guest on a couple of shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment