Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jessica vows to give her all in 'Idol' finale



MANILA, Philippines – “Whether I lose or win, it’s like a win-win thing for me because I’m in the Top 2.”
This is what Filipino-Mexican-American singer Jessica Sanchez said in an exclusive interview with Fox All Access days before the “American Idol” finale.
Sanchez said she never thought she would be where she is now, with just a win away from becoming the next "American Idol". 
Sanchez was almost sent home after she got the lowest number of votes during the top 7 week on “Idol” only to be saved by the judges.
She, however, said she is glad that “all the dedication I’ve put into this has paid off a lot.”
“I’m a 16-year-old working really really hard. This is what I really wanted my whole life. I’ve just been hustling even since,” she said.
Sanchez admitted she is really a perfectionist and competitive by nature, and being on “Idol” has taught her a lot of things.
“I’ve been in so many competitions. I’m really competitive and I’m a perfectionist. It’s not like I’m competing with other people. It’s like I’m competing with myself. I just want to top myself in every performance. But this whole competition has changed that because...being with these people, they have taught me so much,” she said.
Sanchez said she actually feels home just by being around so many musicians on “Idol.”
“I’ve never had many talented people or that much home with me. I’ve never been around so many musicians and it feels like I’m in my place,” she said.
According to the San Diego native, she actually thought she was the one going home last week, not Joshua Ledet.
“Last week I thought I was gonna be eliminated that’s why the whole time I was smiling. And when they called my name, I looked like I was hit by a truck. That night my song choices, I knew they weren’t the best. That whole night I was just trying to be positive about everything that’s why I was smiling throughout my whole songs,” she said.
Sanchez, meantime, said she is confident with her song choices for the finale.
“I believe they are. We’ll see what America thinks but I love my songs choices. I’m comfortable with all my songs. I’m really excited to perform them,” she said.
On Tuesday night (Wednesday morning in Manila), Sanchez will face off with Georgia’s Phillip Phillips.
Asked how ready she is for it, Sanchez said: “I’m just gonna bring it all out. I’m just gonna put my heart into every song I will sing. I’ll just do my best for the finale.”

No comments:

Post a Comment