Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jessica wants to visit PH, Mexico


MANILA, Philippines – "American Idol" runner-up Jessica Sanchez is both Filipina and Mexican, lest her fans forget.
Following her stint on the world's most popular singing competition, Sanchez has gained an enormous following comprised of Filipinos and Mexicans around the world who take pride in having a shared heritage with the pint-sized singing-sensation.
For the 16-year old, her mixed heritage is something she is proud of, no less and no more than its halves.
Sanchez, whose mother Editha hails from Bataan and whose father is a Mexican raised in Texas, said her upbrining gave equal value to both cultures.
"I'm proud of both of my heritages," she said in an interview with Fox News. "There's never a time when I'm more one than the other. I grew up with both [cultures]."
Asked if she plans to visit the respective homeland of her parents, Sanchez said she hopes a stop in the Philippines and Mexico will be part of the upcoming "Idol" tour.
"I've never been out of the country, so I would love to go. I hope they let me in the tour," she said.
Jessica's plans
While Sanchez is assured of a packed work schedule in the coming months, the Pinay singing pride said she acknowledges the possibility of being a "one-hit wonder."
For this reason, she said she intends to continue her education, in spite of her "Idol" career jumpstart.
"I could be a one hit wonder. I have to have a back-up plan," she said. "[But] I've been running around doing press and getting ready for a few events. I'm just trying to take it one step at a time."
Sanchez, who will perform at PBS National Memorial Day Concert on Sunday (May 27), last Wednesday (Thursday in Manila) finished second in the eleventh season of "American Idol." Singer Phillip Phillips was declared champion after a record-breaking 132 million votes cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment