Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pacquiao wants to be boxing's 'all-time great'


'National Fist' still hoping to fight Mayweather


MANILA, Philippines – Boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao hopes boxing fans will remember his ring exploits for many years to come.
He said he wishes that his story would inspire people the way he was inspired by boxing greats that came before him.
"To be considered an all-time great is very important to me,” Pacquiao said in Boxing Scene.
“Hopefully my story can inspire people to achieve their dreams. When I was growing up, watching Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr, and Larry Holmes fight inspired me to work harder and to become better. They still do inspire me. They were great. They were my heroes.”
This is why he remains hopeful that he would still be able to fight one of his greatest rivals, the controversial Floyd Mayweather Jr.
However, he admitted that making the fight happen would only depend on Mayweather.
“Will the fight ever happen? It's up to Floyd. I hope it does. I'm a competitor and I enjoy a challenge…As long as I continue fighting I will remain hopeful that the fight will take place," said the fighting congressman from the Philippines.
Pacquiao said he thought he could make the dream fight come true three years ago, when his camp first negotiated with Mayweather’s group.
He said Mayweather agreed to everything they asked for.
But the controversial boxer suddenly came up with the drug testing issue, which has become Mayweather’s “excuse” through the years.
“He no longer wants to split the pay-per-view revenue with me equally, something he agreed to in our first negotiation,” said Pacquiao.
"The only thing preventing a fight between Floyd Mayweather and me is Floyd Mayweather.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment