Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Friday, May 18, 2012

Jessica still on cloud nine after making it to finale


MANILA, Philippines – Filipino-Mexican-American Jessica Sanchez said she is on cloud nine after learning on Thursday (Friday in Manila) that she garnered enough votes to get to the finale of “American Idol.”
Sanchez is set to face Georgia’s Phillip Phillips after Louisiana’s Joshua Ledet got the boot during elimination night.
In the “American Idol” statement published in the website www.mjsbigblog.com, Sanchez said she never thought of being in the talent show's Top 2.
“Being in the position I’m in now is more than I could have ever asked for,” she said.
“I’ve been looking forward to auditioning for ‘American Idol’ ever since the first season. And now, the first season that I’m eligible, I’ve made it to the Top 2. It’s crazy what you can do when you put your mind and heart to it! I don’t know what could be better than this,” she added.
On Twitter, Sanchez thanked her supporters, particularly those who voted for her.
“You guys…I have never in my life thought I'd be in this position…Thank you so much!” she said.
Pacquiao to watch finale
Meanwhile, eight-division boxing champion Manny Pacquiao said he will be at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles next week to cheer for Sanchez.
“Yes, next week pupunta ako, manonood ako. I believe, I pray for her, siya ang mananalo,” Pacquiao told ABS-CBN News.
The last performance show of the 11th season of “American Idol” will take place on Tuesday (Wednesday morning in Manila).
The final results show, which will feature Rihanna and season 10 winner Scotty McCrerry, will be held the following day. – With a report from Steve Angeles, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau

No comments:

Post a Comment