Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Somerhalder: 'I'm very happy to be in the Philippines'


MANILA, Philippines – American actor Ian Somerhalder, known for his role as Damon Salvatore in the hit series "The Vampire Diaries," arrived in Manila on Saturday to endorse Filipino clothing brand Penshoppe.
He will be joining Penshoppe's "All Stars" campaign along with Hollywood actors Zac Efron and Ed Westwick and Thai superstar Mario Maurer.
Somerhalder will stay in the Philippines for a week and he told ABS-CBN News how excited he is just by being in the country.
“It feels wonderful. This is a wonderful welcome. I love you guys! I’ve never been here so I’m excited to be here. The fans sound amazing already,” he said.
Somerhalder also said he would love to see the country's tourist destinations.
“Yeah, absolutely. Everybody has been wonderful. I want to go somewhere beautiful and hang out for a few days. I am [going to see tourist spots] because technically I’m a tourist,” he said.
According to rumors, Somerhalder will be flying to Palawan for a photoshoot.
In addition to this, Somerhalder said he would also love to try Filipino food.
“I’m excited [to try Filipino food] but I don’t know yet. I don’t have any reference points,” he said.
After his arrival at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport last night, Somerhalder said he is “very happy to be in the Philippines!”
Somerhalder said he was overwhelmed by the warm welcome the Filipinos gave him at the airport.
“Hello Manila! Wow, what a greeting at airport -- THAT was a 1st I feel like 1 of the Beatles - Thank you for a warm welcome. You're bad for my ego!” he tweeted. - with reports from Gretchen Fullido, ABS-CBN News

No comments:

Post a Comment