Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Thia gives all-out support for Jessica on 'Idol'


LOS ANGELES – Like Jessica Sanchez, Thia Megia was only 16 years old when she faced the intense challenge of competing on “American Idol.”
"American Idol" alumna Thia Megia
It was difficult but Megia said it was all worth it.
"After every rehearsal, the minors would have to go backstage to do some school work for at least three hours. That was really challenging for us. When you're competing against contestants that are about like 10 years older than you, of course, it can be pretty nerve-wracking but I guess you could say it depends on how much you want this," she said.
In 2011, Megia made it to the Top 9 and was part of the “American Idol” concert tour, which for the first time was brought to the Philippines.
Megia said she has been keeping up with this year's “Idol” because she and her family are supporting Sanchez, whom has already worked with Sanchez when she was 13.
"I remember the first day she texted me about ‘Idol.’ I was really excited for her. I'm just so proud at how well she's doing. Just stay as amazing as you are and just keep going," she said.
Megia said it was only when the contest ended and her Filipino relatives showed her tapes of her performances did she find out how much she was supported by the Filipinos.
"I was just so happy. I feel like because of my fans and because of the support from my kababayans, I've gone so far. I couldn't be more thankful for all that they've done for me," she said.
When asked if Filipinos have a secret weapon that would explain why so many do well in talent competitions, Megia answered with a joke.
"I think it's the bagoong," she said while laughing.
Megia is currently busy performing with Season 9 winner Lee Dewyze and other “Idol” finalists at a concert series in Missouri.
In the competition’s 11 seasons, several Filipinos have shown “Idol” viewers that Pinoys have world-class talents. Megia and Sanchez are the most recent examples of what Filipinos can achieve when given the spotlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment