Proud PINOY does not claims any credit for any articles, news and/or photos posted here. All visual content is copyright to its respectful owners. All info's are not accurate and may contains errors. If you are the owner to any photos or articles, and does not want us to post it here, please contact us by e-mail

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pacquiao insists he won the fight


MANILA, Philippines – Filipino boxing icon Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao is in disbelief following his shocking split decision loss to the still unbeaten Timothy Bradley Jr. Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Despite outpunching and outlanding Bradley throughout their 12-round encounter, Pacquiao still lost via scores of 115-113, 113-115 and 113-115.
In a ringside interview, Pacquiao said he respected the judges’ decision but was adamant that he was the victor.
“The fight was good, and he’s not an easy opponent. He was very strong and he moved around. I mean, I respect that. But I believe that I won the fight,” Pacquiao said.
Pacquiao was serenaded with chants of “Manny, Manny” by the fans, as he clobbered Bradley throughout the early rounds and shook off the challenger’s punches.
The Filipino claimed later that Bradley did not hurt him. “No, no. Most of his punches hit my arms,” Pacquiao said.
The eight-division world champion looked to be lost for words as he said, “I don’t know what happened.”
Even though he insists he was the winner, Pacquiao said he is willing to fight Bradley once again.
“Absolutely, no problem. I’m willing to rematch him,” he said.
Bradley was so confident leading up to the fight that he printed out promotional materials for a November 10 rematch, but Pacquiao only laughed at him when he announced that during the final press conference before the fight.
“I know what I’m doing the next time... The decision is already done and give credit to him,” Pacquiao said.
Bradley has said he is “absolutely” going to give Pacquiao a rematch.
“I definitely have to give him a shot to let him earn his title back from me. This is boxing, and we gotta do it again,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment