Oh, the price to pay for one chicken meal.
The New South Wales Supreme Court has ordered fast food chain Kentucky Fried Chicken to pay $8.3 million in damages to the family of a girl who experienced brain damage after eating a poisoned Twister chicken wrap in October 2005.
While Monika Samaan’s brother and parents also suffered from salmonella poisoning, it was the thirteen-year-old girl that was left speechless and paralyzed. This incident has sparked an outcry to investigate the unhygienic practices of the fast food restaurant. Six years have passed and the family’s attorney, George Vlahakis, claims that KFC has yet to make a single payment. On the other hand, KFC filed an appeal for this case.
(Materials based on Digitaljournal.com)